Range Rules & By-Laws
The Lowell Sportsmen’s Club was incorporated in 1931 and the first bylaws were adopted on May 27, 1931. The current LSC Bylaws [pdf] were accepted in September 2020. These bylaws define the overall operation of the club.
Standard Operating Procedures & Range Rules
All ranges are subject to the LSC’s Standard Operating Procedures [pdf], or SOP. There are also specific range rules for the ranges below, and all members using these ranges are expected to be familiar with these procedures.
For non-members or groups wishing to use our facility for your function or event, please complete and return the Use of LSC Facilities Waiver Application [pdf]
- Big Bore, .22, and Blackpowder Ranges
- Monday-Saturday: 8am – dusk
- Sunday: 1pm – dusk
- Indoor Range
- Open 24 hours/day every day
- Open to the public Friday nights at 6:30
- Archery Range
- Open 8am – dusk every day
- Open to the public Thursday nights at 6:30
- Fishing Pond
- Open year-round depending on weather conditions, fishing button required
- Field #1 open to the public Sundays at 1pm and Wednesdays at 10am, weather permitting
- GLTL team practice Monday nights at 6pm during the season (teams only)
- Doubles field open occasionally – check the Trap & Skeet page for details
- Open to the public Sundays at 1pm and Wednesdays at 10am year round
- Open to the public Thursdays at 5:30 in the summer
Indoor Range Access – Your PIN
Access codes to the indoor range are available to LSC members who are valid RSOs for a $5.00 fee. Only RSOs who possess a Lock Personal Identification Number (PIN) will be allowed to open the indoor range door. The lock retains a history of all events so we can monitor the range’s use and know who is using the range and at what time. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get a PIN application form and to schedule an Indoor Range orientation.
Please note that you still must submit the application form before your PIN will be created (either mail to the address above or email to email@example.com).